Last week, we introduced you to some of the new issues affecting your car insurance and specifically windscreen cover. It shouldn’t have been any huge surprise to anyone, the landscape on insurance is always changing and evolving. And luckily, Strathclyde Windscreens make it our business to stay ahead of the curve, adapting ahead of every new change, rule or legislation. Not only do all Strathclyde technicians receive industry standard NVQ training but Strathclyde have built relationships with all the major insurers. And based on our respected history and reputation, we are able to process windscreen cover claims directly with Insurers to take the time and stress burden off our customers.
What is windscreen cover and is it worth it?
- Windscreen cover is often included in Fully Comprehensive Insurance Policies or available as an add on with Third Party Insurance Policies (usually around £30-40)
- WIndscreen cover usually protects all your autoglass, not just your windscreen. Some policies even cover sunroofs!
- Windscreen cover will let you recoup the cost of any repair or replacement needed if your glass is damaged.
- Often the excess is much smaller than for a full car insurance claim (£10-150 the usual range) using the cover will not effect your No Claims Bonus. Some insurers have relationships with windscreen repair companies and a small chip can be quickly repaired for free, no excess charged at all.
- Chips and cracks in your windscreen are unavoidable. Debris on the road, potholes, bad weather all leave your windscreen vulnerable to damage, even if you drive very conservatively, so Windscreen Cover can end up saving you money and hassle.
- Cars with advanced technological and safety features require specialist, professional repairs and replacements. A sub-standard repair or replacement can completely devalidate your insurance and ultimately leave you out of pocket.
But never fear! You are in safe hands with Strathclyde Windscreens so for all your professional repair and replacement needs call us on: 01698 286428 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org