So, after one of the hottest, longest summers on record, summer is officially over and autumn has arrived. It’s still been pretty nice for an October but there is certainly that familiar nip in the air, so we thought it might be a good time to remind our customers and readers with a few tips to look after your car as the night draw in. Most of these Autumn car maintenance issues would be picked up by a service, but if you aren’t due one, they’re pretty easy to check yourself;
- Engine Oil Change. Most cars need their oil changed every 3000-5000 miles or so, it’s pretty easy to do and you can buy engine oil from most petrol stations or even DIY stores and sometimes supermarkets
- Defroster. If you tend to be in a hurry in the mornings and can’t risk being a few minutes late, it’s well worth popping some of this your car. Don’t risk an aggressive last minute scrape, because it can damage your windscreen.
- Windscreen wipers. How are those blades? You don’t want to discover that they’re damaged in the middle of an autumn blizzard now do you? If they are scratchy or too squeaky, think about getting them replaced
- Tires. It’s an easy fix if they are just a little deflated. You can fill them at any petrol station. If they are balding though? They probably need replacing. Don’t wait for the inevitable winter price hikes though, get in sooner rather than later!
- Windscreen damage. Got any little dings, cracks of chips on your windscreen that you’ve been putting off dealing with? Remember that as temperatures change, glass expands and contracts so you may find any previous damage rapidly worsens as the seasons change. A prompt repair now could save you a more costly replacement later.
Strathclyde are your local, trusted team for all your autoglass needs. With mobile fitters to repair or replace your cracked and chipped windscreens across the Strathclyde region!
Call us: 01698 286428 | 24 hours a day / 365 days a year or email: email@example.com