An autumnal hello from our team here at Strathclyde Windscreens! Here’s the latest update from one of Scotland’s most trusted and long standing windscreen companies – us.
So what have we been up to this week? Well, you’ve probably noticed that the weather has really changed and there is a definite chill in the air at the moment. So we need to mindful about frost, fog, the nights drawing in and more treacherous driving conditions in general. This is definitely the time of year (before all our attentions turn to Christmas), when we should think about a few additional winter practicalities and making sure we are well prepared for the dodgy driving conditions we get locally in the coming months.
At Strathclyde Windows we hope all our customers are as safe as possible on the road but here is a quick list of tips to remind you;
- De-icer and a scraper for your windows?
- Have you had a recent service?
- Any little cracks in your windscreens that are best seen to now before they worsen?
- A list of numbers and details for car related emergencies (and don’t forget Strathclyde have a mobile service if you need an emergency on-site windscreen repair)
- Bottle of water and comfort supplies in case you need to wait with your car
Speaking of insurance, when yours does come up for renewal, remember to look at the windscreen cover. Many insurance companies now offer policies that fully cover windscreens and the benefit of that is, if you do suffer windscreen damage, Strathclyde have great working relationships with most insurance companies, so can take most of the hassle and bother off your hands. If you have your insurance details with you, we can just take that down on the spot and then do the rest from there. We are fully insurance approved by most major companies!